Project Period: 2019 -2021
Project Title: eSTEM 4.0
Project Coordinator: Zile Science High School
Project Partners: Turkey (Kayseri M.T.A.L.) – Greece – Italy
Total Budget of the Project: 91716.00 Euro
Main Topic of the Project: Industry 4.0 – Sub Technologies and STEM
Through Industry 4.0 technologies and interdisciplinary STEM approach; developing basic science and math skills by putting theoretical knowledge into practice within the framework of solving real life problems in areas such as smart living spaces, climate change and energy problems.
The world is in a rapid change and transformation especially in the field of technology. In this new age defined as Industry 4.0, brand new technologies such as Internet of Things, 3D printers, virtual and augmented reality applications have begun to enter our lives.
In this digital age, it is an inevitable necessity for education to keep pace with this change and even steer it, and in order to meet the needs of this age, it is imperative that young people acquire basic skills called 21st century skills with an interdisciplinary approach in line with the STEM disipline.
The project provides students with; both of them also provide opportunities to increase their awareness and transform their theoretical knowledge into skills in areas such as Energy and Climate Change, which are among the EU 2020 Strategic Growth targets.
AIMS OF THE PROJECT
1. To enable students to increase their awareness of these common problems by practicing their basic math and science skills by solving real life problems in the areas of smart living spaces, energy and climate changes.
2. To develop students’ entrepreneurial skills
3. To develop students’ problem solving, teamwork, communication and collaboration skills, and to gain a research and inquiry based approach.
4. Developing computing skills and digital competencies
5. Raise awareness of Industry 4.0, and Industry 4.0 sub-technologies such as Internet of Things, 3D printers, Augmented and Virtual reality
6. Improving foreign language skills
7. To develop intercultural competencies of students and teachers through teaching, learning and education activities and eTwinning
8. Promoting the European dimension in school education